Any full moon is a great time to make Black Salt, but I whip up a batch every solar holiday too. The upcoming Summer Solstice is a perfect time to try your hand at making black salt.
I make large batches during special Full Moons too, like blue moons and eclipses, because it gives the salt that extra boost.
So, if you aren’t already familiar with Black Salt and what it does, think of it as salt in superhero format. Salt is Clark Kent, and Black Salt is Superman. Black Salt cleanses and protects on a whole other level.
How to Use Black Salt
1) Keep an open jar on your nightstand to ward against nightmares and night terrors
2) Add a pinch in your bath for a cleansing bath ritual, especially after cutting cords and attachments, (clean out tub thoroughly before next use, so you aren’t putting that negative energy back on you).
3) Place an open container on your desk or sprinkle across the threshold of your office or cubicle. This keeps those Negative Nancy’s out of your space and wards against gossip and malice. This one you will want to replace often-keep it fresh.
4) After cleansing your home dust along doorways or even the perimeter of your property to keep out unwanted energies.
5) Use in juju bags for protection-cars, homes, overall, etc
6) Use in banishment spells or for the removal of hexes.
7) Use in exorcisms or in the removal of unwanted spirits from a space.
8) Use in your mop bucket to cleanse floors and put a protective ward on the ground you walk on.
9) Cast your circle with it for BIG magick.
10) Place a jar under the bed or near the bedside when someone is sick.
There are more ways than that, of course, because Black Salt will do as you command. Make sure to set your intention firmly.
When making your own, there are some basic rules.
How to Make Black Salt
~Use salt (obvi)
~Use charcoal ash (you can also use incense ash and add activated charcoal powder or some kitchen witches just cook up the salt in a cast-iron skillet, and this salt comes out a bit pinkish for some reason)
~Use black pepper
Many people stop there, but others, and I, add more protective and cleansing herbs to up the power. Below is a list of common and not so common additives. The more you deviate with other additives though it becomes YOUR salt creation and less Black Salt. That doesn’t make it a bad thing, just not the same thing.
At no time do you want to burn or ingest Black Salt!
How to Infuse Your Black Salt
So now, you are ready to get busy and mix up a batch. Remember, the most essential part of the spell isn’t the ingredients but the intentions you set into making it. With every grinding motion or clockwise stir around the bowl, tell that salt what you want from it and how powerful it is.
When you are all done mixing up your salt, store it in glass jars.
I’d love to hear from you. Reach out and tell me what you’d like to learn about!